Friday, March 03, 2006

Jody Venturoni on "real world" PR

This week our class was honored to hear from Jody Venturoni, executive vice presient and general manager for the Southwest region of Weber Shandwick. Drawing from almost 20 years of experience in communications, Venturoni gave CCPA students a no-nonsense take on working in agency-side PR. From her current work on issues involving the Wright Amendment to the difficult moments of leading the crisis response team for American Airlines after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Venturoni's background and experience inspired students to get started with internships in the field as soon as possible. I'm sure students were phoning her moments after she returned to her office Wednesday.
Thanks so much, Jody.

2 comments:

BeckerDallas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BeckerDallas said...

Jody,

Thank you so much for visiting our class. I was about to give up on finding an internship for college graduates, and I appreciate the information you provided. Also, I appreciate your honesty on blogs. Although I realize their importance from my class, I now know it's a growing medium that should be watched and not necessarily something I need to put great emphasis on right now.

Thanks again,
Kim Holland
www.kimhollanddance.blogspot.com